I study six days a week, only not on Friday. Monday to Thursday after work, Saturday morning and Sunday the whole day. That's a lot. Which requires a lot of study-breaks as well. I try to have a 5-10 minute break every 50-60 minutes with a half an hour lunch break on Sundays.
Here are some of my study-break tips which don't contain food!
- Have a little dance break: I put on Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' and listen to it once or twice. This song is so uplifting and contagious. How can you sit still while listening to this song? It makes me feel better and literally helps me to shake things off so that I can concentrate better at work or on my studies.
- Take a brisk walk: after sitting inside for a long time, it's nice to stretch your legs and to take some deep breaths of fresh are.
- Go to the gym: I've said it before: the gym is a life changer for me. I absolutely love going to the gym during my lunch break. Besides the physical aspect, it empties my head as well. It clears my head so I don't have a full, dull head all day. After going to the gym (I do cardio and lifting every day), you should be able to remember more of your studies.
- Call someone: talking about anything but your studying is a great distraction. Then you'll have new energy to study in calmth again.
- Read something easy: a nice book, a magazine, a newspaper, a blog. Just to put your mind off of things without turning on the TV.