Prepping for our NYE party before we go out to the Cruise Terminal party! Happy New Year everyone!
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Monday, December 30, 2013
When I read this article on nymag.com a couple of days ago I thought “this is exactly what I’m going through right now”. This article is about my live! It’s about being young and having a career, but also wanting to ‘have it all’ by getting married and having a baby some day.
In the article:
"Most of us aren’t scrambling to lock down boyfriends by age 25 — we’re busy building our careers. These days college women tell reporters that they prefer hookups because being coupled up too young interferes with your professional trajectory. Early marriage is good for men, who do better at work and report higher satisfaction if they get hitched in their mid-twenties. That isn’t the case for women, who earn more if they marry later and for whom marital status plays a smaller role in determining their happiness. There’s a reason many women put ”marriage/first kid” in the early thirties section of their timeline: They know they’ll need their twenties to maximize their career prospects and self-exploration because there’s a good chance that after they have kids, these things will fall by the wayside.”
What are your thoughts on this?
Sunday, December 29, 2013
I hope everyone had a great holiday and enjoyed Christmas! On Christmas Day I went to my dad and stepmom in The Hague and my brother also joined. On Second Christmas Day (Boxing day in the Netherlands), I visited my mom and stepdad with my brother up north.
I’m a bit bummed Christmas is already over for this year. I still have The Holiday on my DVR which I will watch for the 100th time to stay in the Christmas spirit for a couple of more days.
But… this means it’s almost New Year’s Eve! I’m going to throw a NYE party at my apartment and then we’ll go to a big fancy party with a skyline few and lots of fireworks!
I rounded up a few beauty looks for inspiration of the big day!
I’ll definitely rock some red lip on NYE!
Friday, December 27, 2013
Thursday, December 26, 2013
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Monday, December 23, 2013
Friday, December 20, 2013
Thursday, December 19, 2013
See below my ultimate Holiday Gift Guide For The Office Girl!
1. My recently purchased Lo & Sons bag; The Brookline. The perfect day to day work bag which will keep you organized.
2. Not a day goes by without red polish on my nails. Shearling Darling by Essie is a great red winter color.
3. For her business cards, wallet by Kate Spade New York
4. iPhone case for motivation by The Everygirl.
5. Monogrammed mug for her tea by Anthropologie, love this mug. Only person with the ‘W’ as an initial.
6. As I wash my hands often at the office, I need a good hand cream. By Kiehl’s.
7. When your calls on your iPhone can take forever, it’s nice to have a break with this retro handset .
8. For all of her thoughts… Or just to look pretty during a meeting! Notebook by Smythson.
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
- Rushing from meeting to meeting, always walking fast and immediately responding to email might make them look important;
- Colleagues might think: “maybe I should be doing that, too, or maybe my stuff isn’t as important as his, or maybe he’ll be irritable if I interrupt.” ;
- Busy colleagues can make others feel uncomfortable;
What can you do about it?
- If you have a busy colleague say they’re not fully in the conversation if their pace and volume goes up;
- Take a few deep breaths and lower your voice and pace;
- Listen during meetings. Avoid looking at your cell phone or laptop so you have to ask if you colleague could repeat what he or she just said;
- Don’t go in overdrive when you have a new challenge or are promoted. The productivity of the entire team can co down;
Set realistic goals you can achieve each day or week. Don’t take everything as urgent. Ask yourself: what is really urgent and important? Look at the bigger picture.